Sunday, September 28, 2008

ExZOOberance

Amber, Karli, and I met Stephanie, Gracie, Cooper, Emily, Will, and Tate at Hogle Zoo on Friday. It was fun to have a "girls' day out" (Adam kindly watched Rex) and enjoy the wonderful weather and fun animals. The girls had a blast seeing the creatures and I liked meeting a new friend and spending some time with my cool sister-in-law.


All of the kids tried to scare the poor lynx to make it wake up. It stayed put and ignored them...I don't blame it one bit!

We couldn't find the tiger anywhere, which is a shame, because it's pretty cool to see a huge tiger swimming around its habitat.

Karli, Cooper, Gracie, Amber...my kind of zoo animals.

We watched the bird show and it was great! We saw lots of interesting and talented birds, but the bald eagle was my favorite.

Now that we know Rex will drink formula from a bottle, I think the girls and I will have to do a little more playing. Shopping, anyone?!

3 comments:

Deanne said...

Yay for the bottle too. It feels nice to gain a little bit of freedom, doesn't it?

Kahananui said...

That looks like fun! I LOVE Hogle Zoo!! I think it is the best zoo!! The zoo out here is awful...it doesn't even have bears!! I'm glad you got to have a girls day out!! Those are nice! Wish we were there so we could go shopping :)

Leslie said...

can't wait for a girls day out! looks like a perfect day at the zoo.